WELCOME!

Bienvenidos a la Mision Chile Santiago Norte! We love the Savior, and are blessed to be part of this great work, to share His gospel, and invite others to come unto Him. We are grateful to have this incredible opportunity to associate with such fine young men and women and other couples who are serving in this wonderful part of the vineyard. We decided to share this mission through a blog, with any who would like to know more.... All of the lessons, talks, training, conferences, and meetings are obviously done totally in Spanish, but for the sake of this writer, the notes are here in English, for speed in typing, and therefore, mixed with a bit of both worlds. We hope all of our missionaries, families, and loved ones can enjoy this blog, in spite of the writing, grammar, language, errors, etc. This will be a miraculous journey, and we invite you to share and enjoy it with us.

Lovingly, con cariño,
Presidente Michael May
Hermana Carol May

Friday, April 17, 2009

"I feel like nothing more than a Toddler!" (Recent arrival)

"Hola Presidente May! Aye yi yi. What a week. Just to be clear I´M LOVING IT. But good grief! this is the hardest craziest thing I´ve ever done in my life. And by far the most wonderful. I love Hna ____. It is amazing to recognize how well the Lord knows me and my needs as I look at where I am and who I am with. I am full of a gratitude that words cannot describe. Ha!

But I believe conference was the first thing in 4 days where I completely understood what was going on. Other than that, I´m doing a lot of wondering and guessing. I´m pretty clear on who a couple investigators are (because, I was there when we found them, or I have taught them once/twice now and understand), and I know who the Bishop and Ward Mission Leader are, and at least one memeber. Other than that, I have no idea who´s who or if we´re being reunited with someone or if we´re making a new contact until we´re in the process. -sigh- I recognize that I am weak and simple and I feel like nothing more than a toddler, clinging to my mother´s skirt trying desperately to do what pleases her when I think I understand what she wants. It´s hard. It´s fun. It´s tiring. It very much wants to be discouraging. It´s scary. It´s frustrating that even when I do understand what is going on, I cannot yet express what I feel and know in my heart and am forced to stumble around tossing out simple words and not being able to get where I want to go. But I have the Lord, and a loving and patient companion, and I recognize I understand far more than I did when I got here (which was nothing). It will come. I have no doubt. I must simply maintain patience and work really really hard." (author is unknown to this writer as the Prdte sent this to be included without author's name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment