WELCOME!

Bienvenidos a la Mision Chile Santiago Norte! We love the Savior, and are blessed to be part of this great work, to share His gospel, and invite others to come unto Him. We are grateful to have this incredible opportunity to associate with such fine young men and women and other couples who are serving in this wonderful part of the vineyard. We decided to share this mission through a blog, with any who would like to know more.... All of the lessons, talks, training, conferences, and meetings are obviously done totally in Spanish, but for the sake of this writer, the notes are here in English, for speed in typing, and therefore, mixed with a bit of both worlds. We hope all of our missionaries, families, and loved ones can enjoy this blog, in spite of the writing, grammar, language, errors, etc. This will be a miraculous journey, and we invite you to share and enjoy it with us.

Lovingly, con cariño,
Presidente Michael May
Hermana Carol May

Saturday, August 1, 2009

We just love these missionaries...

This last group of missionaries…..who arrived June 22, 2009

Just some thoughts from our new missionaries at the Fase 1 training they shared with us:(Elders, Hermanas, from Latin America and USA.)

• “I come from a big family back in the U.S., with 12 children at home. When we came into this humble home, the woman wanted us to bless her home. When we took out fotos of Jesus, she began to cry. That really touched me.”

• “It was awesome to bear our testimony. I really felt the power of the spirit helping to make up for my lack of language.”

• “I was an extreme biker in my country. I was offered a sponsor-ship, like a contract scholarship to ride for this company. It was for mucho dinero in my country. I knew I had to come on a mission instead. I know the Lord will bless me.”

• “I’ve only been a member for 3 yrs. I was introduced to the gospel from a member who I dated. She told me about it and I began to investigate it without telling her. My family didn’t understand why I would want to join with a church like this. My father was very sick, and my family thought I should be the one to stay and work, to help take care of my father, but I knew I had to leave on a mission. I know he will be taken care of because I am here, in Chile, serving a mission.”

• “My father learned about the gospel in our country because he dreamed one night about some beautiful music. The next day, he missed his bus stop, and then had to get off at the next stop. When we got off, it was in front of this beautiful church, and he decided to go inside to see what it was like. As he entered, he heard that exact same beautiful music being played inside. Of course it was our church, and the spirit touched him to become converted. He has been active all the rest of his life so far, and brought the gospel to our family.”

• “I am happy to be following my good trainer. We are having doors really slammed in our faces, and we’ve had some real challenges, but we are still making lots of contacts, and it’s great.”

• I am learning what it is like to help people commit to things. We are helping them to come to church, to take the Santa Cena, accept invitations to attend, and I’m learning from my good companion, the assistants in our tutoring, etc.”

• “I love being here. I have wanted to be here all my life. I am living my dream!”

No comments:

Post a Comment