WELCOME!

Bienvenidos a la Mision Chile Santiago Norte! We love the Savior, and are blessed to be part of this great work, to share His gospel, and invite others to come unto Him. We are grateful to have this incredible opportunity to associate with such fine young men and women and other couples who are serving in this wonderful part of the vineyard. We decided to share this mission through a blog, with any who would like to know more.... All of the lessons, talks, training, conferences, and meetings are obviously done totally in Spanish, but for the sake of this writer, the notes are here in English, for speed in typing, and therefore, mixed with a bit of both worlds. We hope all of our missionaries, families, and loved ones can enjoy this blog, in spite of the writing, grammar, language, errors, etc. This will be a miraculous journey, and we invite you to share and enjoy it with us.

Lovingly, con cariño,
Presidente Michael May
Hermana Carol May

Monday, February 28, 2011

Nephi demonstrates power of Prayer

We can continue to learn from Nephi´s great example of being highly favored of the Lord. He has a tremendous testimony of the power of prayer in not only receiving instructions on what the Lord wanted him to do but also to receive the strength to overcome trials and challenges.

In 2 Nephi 4:35 we read:

“And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things.” (1 Nephi 18:3)

“Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.” (2 Nephi 4:35)

Prayer is one of the greatest resources we have as missionaries for a source of spiritual strength to carry out our purpose of bringing souls to Christ. Preach My Gospel teaches “through faith you receive answers to your prayers and personal inspiration to guide you in the Lord’s work.” (pg 116)

Let us be diligent in praying to the Lord in all that we do in this great work so that our efforts are in accordance with His will after the manner in which He shows us.
We love you very much,
President May

No comments:

Post a Comment