WELCOME!

Bienvenidos a la Mision Chile Santiago Norte! We love the Savior, and are blessed to be part of this great work, to share His gospel, and invite others to come unto Him. We are grateful to have this incredible opportunity to associate with such fine young men and women and other couples who are serving in this wonderful part of the vineyard. We decided to share this mission through a blog, with any who would like to know more.... All of the lessons, talks, training, conferences, and meetings are obviously done totally in Spanish, but for the sake of this writer, the notes are here in English, for speed in typing, and therefore, mixed with a bit of both worlds. We hope all of our missionaries, families, and loved ones can enjoy this blog, in spite of the writing, grammar, language, errors, etc. This will be a miraculous journey, and we invite you to share and enjoy it with us.

Lovingly, con cariño,
Presidente Michael May
Hermana Carol May

Monday, April 12, 2010

"I love Jesus Christ"

This week Sister May had the opportunity to speak to a women named Terrasita who is not a member of the Church. The women asked Sister May why she was here in Chile. Sister May told her that she was a missionary here with her husband to teach people about Jesus Christ, and that she work with 175 missionaries in this area. The woman got emotional and said, “I love Jesus Christ.” Then she went on to tell Sister May that she and another employee at her work talk about the Savior constantly as they are both believers. Then she told Sister May about being raised Catholic, and then being converted to Jesus when she was about 16. She and her husband have been married 28 years, and have one son. She said that her greatest love is Jesus Christ, and that He guides her daily in her work. She said most people don’t want to talk about Him, but she was so happy we believe in Him. Sister May gave her a pass along card that has a picture of the resurrected Savior on the front. She said, “Wow, that is the same Jesus Christ that I believe in too.”

Sister May told her that there is only one Jesus Christ who can save us, and He is God’s real son. Sister May shared with her some of the doctrine of the Godhead. This women also believes that the Savior has a body of flesh and bone. Sister May then asked if she would like our missionaries to come and teach her about the gospel, and she was so excited. She said she would like to go to our church, and Sister May told her there is one in her neighborhood. She wants the missionaries to also bring her a new bible, and that she would go to church with them and read.

The women then said, “Jesus is the most important person in my life. When I was about 16 I wanted to quit smoking, and I made a promise with Jesus, because I knew he could help me, that because I love him so much, I knew he could take it from me. Then I told Him, that every time I smoked it showed that I didn’t love Him enough. I know he helped me, and I never smoked again. He has helped me to change.” Sister May was so impressed by her simple faithfulness. This women is a disciple, and wants to follow Him. She is really in search of the truth but does not know where to find it. (D&C 123:12)

Like this good woman Terrasita, we can show our love for the Savior every time we choose to be obedient to His commandments and the mission rules, every time we choose not to do something that offends the Spirit, every time we decide to do something that the Savior would to do bless and serve others. This is really why we are all here as missionaries of Jesus Christ. We all need the Savior´s help to change our lives and become like Him. We can NOT do it without His help.

We love you and pray for your success,
President May

No comments:

Post a Comment